Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quejos Brazilian Cheesebuns



A few years ago, while at Granville Island Market, I picked up a couple bags of Quejos Cheesebuns. Back then, I didn't know what it meant to be "gluten free", I just knew that these buns were very, very good.

While at Whole Foods recently, I found Quejos again. Still wheat, gluten and yeast free and now a line of dairy free cheesebuns, made with soy, and another line made with coconut milk; Made in Vancouver, Quejos have come a long way, baby.

Spinach and Onion is my favourite but the Jalapeno ones are good too. I have mine with breakfast, as a snack, or use them to make a sandwich. Toasted then slathered with a bit of butter, they are chewy and doughy and just darn good. closer to "real" bread than any gluten free product I have encountered and they don't weigh the same as a brick! Bonus!

It's a weekday, but I'm having a "weekend" breakfast of champions... two poached eggs, one turkey sausage, a big old fruit salad and a Quejos. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails