Saturday, February 27, 2010

Faux-Fried Wontons



Please excuse the repeat photo. I cheated. :)

Yesterday I taught you how to make wontons and today I'm going to give you an idea of what to do once you've made them.

If you recall, I once had a soft spot for deep fried wontons. These days I'm trying to avoid deep fried products so I tried baking my wontons to see what would happen. The little bundles of goodness turned out surprisingly well. The skins bake to a crunchy texture and the insides stay moist and tender.

You'll need as many Pork and Shrimp Wontons as you'd like to consume (or serve to guests, if you must).

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

3. Arrange wontons in a single layer, spaced evenly apart, on the parchment.

4. Lightly spray with cooking spray.

5. Bake in the hot oven for 10-12 minutes or until the skins start to turn golden brown.

6. Serve with sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce for dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails